Are you looking for an interesting volunteer vacation?
Do you want a vacation where you can recharge, refresh, and revise your mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being? And do you also want a vacation that benefits the world around you. The answer to your quest is a Volunteer Vacation. To find these vacations you can travel across the country or around the world with opportunities to study the environment and preserve the landscape. Your choices are limitless.
There are some things to consider in planning that may help you have a successful volunteer vacation.
· What kind of an impact are you looking to have?
· How will the project you choose benefit the local community? (The latter is of particular concern, since less reputable charities and companies that overstate responsible-travel claims are all too common.)
· Determine if you have the rights skills set. If you’re not a numbers person, you probably don’t want to collect data for a field team-even if it is in the Caribbean
· Make sure to ask what the other volunteers are like? Are they mostly retired? College graduates? Church? Find a group that’s comfortable for you.
· Find out about the intensity of the labor – will you work all day in the sun or have days off?
· Check out the volunteer organization’s experience level. It’s best to find one that offers more than 20 trips a year with more than 200 volunteers.
· If you’re donating your time for a charitable cause, find out if you can write off your entire vacation. Check with your accountant on this one.
How about one of these volunteer vacation choices:
Are you interested in healthy living? Then check out Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms.
For healthy living worldwideopportunityfororganicfoods will give you an opportunity to serve your interest.This organization connects volunteers with organic farms across the country. You receive bed and board for one half day working in the organic farm fields.
Do you want adventure? Then check out Catalina Island Conservancy.
For a rugged vacation, catalinaconservancy will give you an opportunity to preserve rare native plants and animals on Santa Catalina Island. You stay at a private camp with beautiful views of Southern California coastline.
Do to want to get close to nature? Then check out Sierra Club’s Service Trips.
You will find a balance of hard work and free time to enjoy the natural surroundings from an extensive list of trips with sierraclubservicetrips.
The list includes wetlands restoration in Louisiana, whale-watching in Hawaii, and fishing in Hell’s Canyon National Recreation Area, Idaho.
Do want to choose a global volunteer program from a professional travel organization? Then check out Global Volunteers.
If you want professional travel services with your volunteer vacation program, then you will appreciate the professional guidance and structure offered by globalvolunteers. This organization matches volunteer skills and interests to best benefit the needs of under-resourced communities. It’s a short-term volunteer service that leads more than 200 service teams in 100 plus communities worldwide.
Thanks for stopping by:
We’d like your comments.