Feel the rhythm of the Caribbean with its dreamy beaches, exotic landscapes, and a tropical climate that beckons thousands to these magical islands.
People come to the Caribbean to escape the hectic, stressed permeated world to float into a dream with sunny days, seashells, and tropical mimosas. And yes, the Caribbean islands weave enchantment that lulls visitors to a world of relaxation and escape.
The Caribbean islands are complex and diverse, since it’s a composite of many small countries. Some of these nations suffer from poor economic growth. Volunteers in these less sustainable nations offers mutual benefits: 1) it adds value and hope for a better future to the community and 2) the volunteers gain immeasurable rewards by sharing their vacation time and skills with these countries.
What are some of the rewards for volunteers?
- You’ll have a one-of-a-kind experience.
No matter the destination, your trip will be unlike your other travels, since you’ll be far from the tourist trail, immersing yourself in the area’s daily life.
- You’ll learn something new every day.
Travel is one of the best forms of education. It’s guaranteed that you’ll be making daily discoveries.
- You’ll support the communities you visit.
If you Travel with a responsible volunteer vacation company, you’re ensured that your money goes straight to the people and economy of your destination.
- You’ll challenge yourself (and grow).
Though a volunteer vacation may not be as easy as a cruise. At any age, it’s important to challenge yourself physically and mentally. And traveling with all it new experience is one of the best ways to challenge and grow.
- You’ll connect with other people.
Think back to your favorite travel memories. They probably have one thing in common: they were times when you truly connected with other people. Volunteer vacations allow you an unparalleled opportunity to connect with both your fellow travelers and locals
- You’ll make the world a better place.
Volunteer vacations are more than just a sustainable form of travel; they are actually a way to contribute to the greater good.
- You May Get a Tax Break
Many volunteer vacations and companies are 100 percent tax deductible so you can write off or deduct the expenses you incur during tax season.
A suggestion for your volunteer vacation:
If you’d like to vacation and volunteer in Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago, then explore V2Volunteers .
What is V2Volunteers?
It’s a social enterprise that partners with local NGOs, schools, and development organizations to offer productive and meaningful volunteering projects.
What kind of volunteer projects?
- Contribute to positive social change in areas where poverty is often overlooked
- Learn new skills and gain practical experience
- Learn how to make famous Jamaican cuisine
- Immerse yourself in local culture and traditions
- Enjoy some of the Caribbean’s most stunning landscapes
- Community Development in rural Jamaica
- Animal Care and Veterinary Medicine
Tobago and Trinidad
Tobago, the sister island of Trinidad, is hailed as one of the world’s top eco-tourism destinations. This small island is an untouched paradise with a small population that depends mainly on tourism for income.
Despite being part of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, the Caribbean’s richest nation, wealth is disproportionately centered in Trinidad; while many as 19% of Tobagonians live below the poverty line.
- Support local Tobagonian organizations by volunteering and gaining international experience
- Discover one of the world’s first protected rainforest, home to many unique and exotic species
- Explore Buccoo Reef, one of the world’s most spectacular coral reefs
- Experience Tobago’s rich cultural heritage by sampling local delicacies and dancing to the music of the famous steel pan
- Equine Therapy
- Animal Care and Veterinary Medicine
Experience Trinidad and Tobago