You need a creative workshop vacation
“Creativity takes courage. “ Henri Matisse
Get ready to receive and accept the creative spirit to call you to action.
“When the creative spirit stirs, it animates a style of being: a lifetime filled with the desire to innovate, to explore new ways of doing things, to bring dreams of reality.” by D. Goleman, P. Kaufman
When you receive and accept the creative spirit, you’ll be ready to thrive in the new age that requires creativity.
Creativity and Economic Development:
Daniel Pink’s book A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future highlights the changes in society that emerge into a new age.
“ The last few decades have belonged to a certain kind of person with a certain kind of mind—computer programmers who could crank code, lawyers who could craft contracts, MBAs who could crunch numbers. But the keys to the kingdom are changing hands. The future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind—creators and empathizers, pattern recognizers, and meaning makers. These people—artists, inventors, designers, storytellers, caregivers, consolers, big picture thinkers—will now reap society’s richest rewards and share its greatest joys.”
Mr. Pink defines the new economy as the Conceptual Age:
1. Agriculture Age (farmers)
2.Industrial Age (factory workers)
3. Information Age (knowledge workers)
4. Conceptual Age (creators and empathizers
Need help with your creative side?
Here are some tips for you to plan and take a creative workshop vacation.
Take all your Creative tools.
Or find them. Here are all some creative tools in alphabetic order ( For the complete alphabetical list, please visit: creatingminds.
- Absence Thinking: Think about what is not there.
- Adoption Checklist: A checklist of what leads to adoption.
- Art streaming: Keep creating until you get through the blocks.
- Assumption Busting: Surfacing and challenging unconscious assumptions.
- Attribute Listing: Listing attributes of objects and then challenging them.
- Brainstorming: the classic creative method for groups.
- Braindrawing: Good for reticent groups.
- Brainmapping: Combining brainwriting and mind-mapping.
- Brainwriting: Group doodling for non-verbal stimulation.
- Breakdown: Careful decomposition to explore the whole system.
- CATWOE: A checklist for thinking about problems and solutions.
Where do you find your Creative Vacation:
The best place to start is The Creativity Workshop. You’ll improve your creativity with projects like; writing, memoir, mapping, photography, storytelling, collage, Free-form drawing, mindfulness, and guided imagery. Another plus, the workshops are offered in great vacations locations.
Fox example, here is the list of upcoming workshops:
- New YorkFebruary 19 – 22
- ProvenceMarch 6 – 10
- FlorenceMarch 14 – 18
- SingaporeMarch 31 – April 2
- New YorkApril 15 – 18
- New YorkJune 10 – 13
- BarcelonaJune 20 – 24
- CreteJune 29 – July 3
- FlorenceJuly 8 – 12
- PragueJuly 18 – 22
- New York August 12 – 15
National Geographic chooses The Creativity Workshop as one of the top learning vacations worldwide.
“You may not come home from this workshop with a suitcase of paintings or a briefcase full of poems. But you will come back with a heart full of artistic passion, completely convinced that creativity and imagination–yours and everyone else’s–is the answer to just about any question the world could pose.” Pam Grout, National Geographic’s “100 Best Worldwide Vacations to Enrich Your Life.”
Find out more at: creativityworkshop
Here’s to your creativity:
Thanks for sharing your comments.
Leave a Comment