How to awaken your mind, inspire your spirit, and refresh your body.
- Does the image of sandy white beaches, leaning palm trees, lush undergrowth, water in varying shades of blue and green, footprints in the wet sand, seashells, and seaweed strewn along the beach, and driftwood washed up on the shore beckon you?
- Do you hear the soothing swish of the surf, waves crashing into rocks, the cries of seagulls, swimmers splashing, and book pages turning?
- Do you smell salt water, sunscreen and tanning oil, sweat, rain, the earthy smell of a rainforest, decaying vegetation, and fresh fruit and unique blends of spices?
- Do you taste tropical fruits (pineapple, mango, apricots, bananas, figs, melons, guavas), coconut, and fresh seafood?
- Do you feel the warm sun and hot air, wind tugging at your hair, rough driftwood, warm ocean water sliding over your skin, hot sand, sinking your feet into the sand with each step?
Can you imagine the power of an island to take you on a path of increased well-being and creativity?
Well, you’re not alone.
Island sensations are endowed with singular magic. When you visit islands it’s easy to realize why islands are among the most recurrent destinations in literature. Islands take up a giant space in literature. And they are more than scenic locations. they are literary devices whose natural boundaries help shape and contain narratives. From classics to the current list of best sellers you find islands as central to the story.
Take an island vacation and pack a book to renew your mind, spirit, and body.
After you’ve found your island vacation here are a variety of island novels for you to read on a sandy beach.
Thirteen brilliant island books. A list of some of the greatest island books.
8 Caribbean books for your Bahamas vacation
10 Thrilling Imaginary Island Novels
Leave a Comment